Legal Terms and Conditions
This page may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed.
INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Information on this web site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. Sony of Canada Ltd. ("Sony") may also make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or the programs described in this information at any time without notice.
Any comments or materials sent to Sony including feedback data, such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like regarding the content of any such documents (collectively "Feedback"), shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Sony shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Feedback and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works and distribute the Feedback to others without limitation. Further, Sony shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products incorporating such Feedback.
Information Sony publishes on the World Wide Web may contain references or cross references to Sony products, programs and services that are not announced or available in your country. Such references do not imply that Sony intends to announce such products, programs or services in your country. Consult your local Sony business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services which may be available to you.
Sony makes no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this one. When you access a non-Sony web site, please understand that it is independent from Sony, and that Sony has no control over the content on that web site. In addition, a link to a non-Sony web site does not mean that Sony endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such web site. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
IN NO EVENT WILL SONY BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You should assume that all materials on this web site are protected by copyright unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as permitted in these terms and conditions or with the express written consent of Sony.
Sony of Canada Ltd.
Sony of Canada Ltd. ("Sony") maintains this site (the "Site") for your entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. If you are browsing this Site as a non-commercial consumer, you may download material displayed on the Site for your non-commercial, personal use only. If you are browsing this Site as an employee/agent/member of any business or organization, you may download material displayed on the Site only for non-commercial purposes within your business or organization. This permission is specifically conditional upon your retaining all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. Additionally, you may not distribute or transmit (except, within your business or organization), modify, reuse, report, or use the contents of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without Sony's written permission. Your access and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- You should assume that all material on the Site is protected by copyright unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site. Your use of the Site is at your risk. Sony makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy and Sony specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Site. NEITHER SONY NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SITE IS LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THE SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEB SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
- Features and specifications of products described or depicted on the Site are subject to change at any time without notice. Non-metric weights and measures are approximate. All monitor screens are measured diagonally; all monitor screen images contained in this database are simulated pictures unless otherwise indicated.
- Sony assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or any hyperlinked site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site or any hyperlinked site.
- Sony does not wish to receive any product, marketing, advertising or other ideas that are not covered by issued Canadian patents. If you send any communications or materials to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, all such communications are, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Sony or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, Sony is free to use, without any compensation to you, any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
- Materials displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Sony. The use of these materials by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission is provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and civil and criminal statues.
- The Site may contain references to products and/or services that are not available in your particular country or locality. The reference to any such products or services in this Site does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time in your particular country or locality. You should therefore check with your local Sony authorized representative for specific product/service availability in your locality.
- Sony is not responsible for the content of any site linked to or from the Site as Sony does not have any control over the content on that web site. Your linking to any other site is entirely at your own risk. While Sony may provide links on this Site to other sites, the inclusion of such links is for your convenience only and should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the owner/sponsor of the site or the content of the site. Sony disclaims all warranties, express and implied, as to the accuracy, validity, legality or otherwise of any materials or information contained on such sites.
- Although Sony may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on the Site, Sony is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the contents of any such communications nor for any error, defamation, libel, obscenity, profanity, or inaccuracy contained in any such communication. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Sony will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Sony to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
- Sony may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. Since you are bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should therefore periodically visit this page, by clicking the Legal and Trademark hyperlink at the bottom of the Sony Web pages, to review the then current Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and Canada without reference to conflicts of law rules.