TORONTO, June 17, 2010 - PIIQ™ ("[peek]") headphones draw from the collective experience of artists, skaters, street culture and all-around limit-pushers to create high-concept headphones with sound ready for the ride. Coming from Sony, the overall industry leader in the headphones market, the new PIIQ line is meticulously attentive to detail and continually strives for new ways to surprise people.
Coming in five (5) distinctive styles and multiple design variations, a statement can be made on all occasions and price points.
Rui Morisawa and friends designed PIIQ with the intentions of creating something totally unique, different and effortlessly cool. Live louder in five styles:
• MDRPQ1 – ($119.99) Build quality. Cush feel. Supreme sound. Slider stay-power—inspired by snowboard lock, fasten it tight to fit your crown. Flat detachable cord to prevent tangle and quick unplug.
• MDRPQ2– ($59.99) Hi-Fi without the heft. Flex motion cups and slick-skinned cord doesn't crimp your style. Neodymium, the strongest permanent magnet known to humankind, delivers a crystal clear, robust sound.
• MDRPQ3– ($39.99) Wears like a favourite deck or pair. Scar-resist skin stays neat through thick and thin. With big bass boost and super sound clarity.
• MDRPQ4– ($29.99) Lobe linger is a good thing. Crystal clear, in-ear sound. Clips on and hangs tough through all your tricks, flips and whatever.
• MDRPQ5– ($19.99) Big beat bluster in a bud body with a secret, sound-boosting motif.
Where to buy: PIIQ™ is now available at www.sonystyle.ca/piiq, in Sony Style™ retail stores across Canada, and authorized dealers by the end of this month.
PIIQ™ website: www.sonystyle.ca/piiq
Twitter - follow @SonyCanadanews
Facebook - check out the lineup at www.facebook.com/sonystyle
About Sony of Canada Ltd.
Established in 1955, Sony of Canada Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation, of Tokyo, Japan, a world leader in High Definition. Sony provides end-to-end solutions through products that include the market-leading Blu-ray Disc™ players, BRAVIA® televisions, Cyber-shot® digital cameras, Handycam® Camcorders, VAIO® computers, broadcast cameras, IPELA security cameras and video conferencing and many more products that deliver the true entertainment experience.
Sony is one of the most comprehensive entertainment companies in the world with a portfolio that includes electronics, music, movies, games and online businesses.
With headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Vancouver and Montreal, approximately 1,000 employees support a network of more than 500 authorized dealers and 62 Sony Style retail locations across Canada.
Sony Canada is devoted to the betterment of children, the environment and the community. Through the Sony Canada Charitable Foundation (SCCF), Sony Canada aims to maximize its support of charitable and philanthropic organizations, including Make-A-Wish® Canada, the United Way of Canada and Earth Day Canada.
For more information, please contact: