Sony recognizes the importance of preserving the natural environment that sustains all life on the earth for future generations and thereby ensuring that all humanity can attain the dream of a healthy and happy life. Sony will do this by combining ongoing innovation in environmental technology with environmentally sound business practices.
Sony aims for greater eco-efficiency in its business activities through maximizing the efficiency of nonrenewable energy and resource use and providing products and services with greater added value. Efforts will focus on reducing environmental pollution by complying with all applicable environmental regulations and reducing the environmental impact of energy and resource use on a continuing basis. Four basic approaches to create a sustainable society are: 1) reduction of energy consumption and emissions of greenhouse gases, 2) improvement in resource productivity, 3) stringent management of specific chemical use, and 4) preservation of biodiversity.
In its business operation, Sony is committed to the continuous improvement through a global environmental management system program that covers a wide-range of environmental activities throughout the entire business cycle.
Areas of focus include:
- Full legal compliance and higher voluntary targets
- Corporate citizenship
- Communication and cooperation with stakeholders
- Raising employee awareness
- Integration of environmental issues in business planning
- Research and development for innovative new technologies
- Product planning and designing for longer product life and easier recycling.
- Green procurement
- Site environmental management system to reduce environmental impact while managing risk
- Distribution, Sales, Marketing and After-Sales Service
- Use of recycled materials
- Safe working environment
Visit our Sony-made ECO site for more information.
Copyright © 2008, Sony of Canada Ltd.